Of all the things the mind can perceive, that enable us to decide what is and what isn't. If it isn't, isn't it real? What is reality? how do we understand it? What is consciousness, our ability to be aware? This is an effort to collect some information I have stumbled upon in my amazing voyage of discovery. This is a blog about the Vedas and the String theory, the observer and the observed, the phenomenon and perception and finally about the amazing masters who saw it and their teachings.

God is in the Rain

God is in the Rain! I admit that is a cheesy line from V for Vendetta, the movie. Recently returning from work i decided to walk. It was a tiring day, more hectic than usual. All I wanted was to get some hot coffee and switch on the TV, rest my legs on the coffee table under a pillow and watch cricket. It was about 5.30PM. The clouds were heavy so I left my laptop in the office. I had a trench coat but was wearing leather shoes, I said that was fine, if it rained, I can always hop on to a tram. Mid way the rain broke, a drizzle and then a downpour. For a moment I considered running to the tram stop. I was almost on a sprint, then I stopped and deliberately let the moment pass. I started noticing the changes that rain brings. I continued walking, the first thing I noticed was the musty scent of the earth filling the air. The air was suddenly moist and dust free. The air suddenly smelled fresh and full of life. As if a great presence was about to follow. It was still pretty warm and the rain felt actually warm on my face. The roads were wet and reflecting the car lights, the entire sound of the city had changed. The insistent roar of motor vehicles replaced by the the constant chatter of rain in the background. No laughter and loud voices from the cafeteria. The cars whizzing by silently, the wheels splashing water drowning out the noise of the engines. The traffic had reduced. It was a total transformation of everything around me. There was still a glimmer of sunlight in the horizon, the birds had taken shelter. The trees breaking the rain, the leaves pouring large droplets of water beneath the trees. I alternated between the fine rain and the heavy droplets under the trees as I walked from tree to tree. Insects had started to chatter noisily. The grass looked cleaner and greener with droplets glistening in the fading light. The rain was constant and changed directions according to the wind. The taste of the rain on my lips. The Thunder clouds had rolled in, the sky was getting darker. My walk was brisk, the shoes were all wet but I didn't care. All my exhaustion had vanished. In fact I was smiling. I felt more alive! I was breathing deep and slowly. There is some magic in the rain. The pressure drops, the temperature drops. The trees literally dance in the wind welcoming the rain. Anything and everything around you changes. Cleaner, brighter, happier. As if they all know he was here. As if they were waiting to welcome him. As if they have been touched by his magic. Its a miracle that we never notice his presence. Our minds constantly filled with thoughts. Thoughts so random, numerous and irrelevant, we barely remember what were thinking about. Too occupied, too busy to notice his presence. Too busy to notice the ferocity of life that is sweeping all around us. Gently, one drop at a time. Never violent and always loving with no discrimination what so ever. The trees, birds, insects, cars, roads, lakes, buildings all getting the shower of his blessing. All part of one whole, always there always the same from his perspective. You could almost taste the meaning of peace in that instant.

0 comments: